Monday, September 27, 2010

Hidden but worth the trip

If anyone in Tucson should know that you can find murals anywhere, I should. So, last May, as I was driving along East Pinal Vista after a visit to Utterback Middle School, I looked in the vacant lot south of me and saw...

...this mural. All I had was my cell phone camera, which couldn't shoot a photo wide enough to capture the whole scene. Next time!

The mural is on the opposite side of a wall behind the homes along Sunland Vista, just south of the corner with East Pinal Vista. (The homes along Sunland Vista are behind the mural. To find the mural, drive west along Pinal Vista, pass Sunland Vista, and, a few seconds later, as you see the vacant lot on your left, you'll spot the mural on the wall. Here's a satellite view. The spot where I took the photo is near the marker, on one of the roads through the vacant lot. If you can think of a better way to describe it, please let me know!)

Update (December 20, 2013): This may be one of the murals to be painted over; today's post has more information.

No comments: