Friday, February 23, 2018

Why not fifth-anniversary photos?

Every time my inbox begins to fill with mural (and mailbox art) photos, I double-check to be sure I've put each photo online before I delete the email that had the photo. So, back in December, I was surprised to see a message from Mark Fleming that he'd sent to Randy Garsee, this blog's founder. Randy sent it on to me that same day — February 25, 2013. My email program shows that I replied to Randy right away. But I don't remember ever posting these murals. (Mea culpa! Still, it can be tough to keep track of well over 1,000 murals.)

Anyway, I decided to wait for the five-year delay between Mark sending the photos and them going online. Somehow it didn't feel urgent to rush them online a month or two earlier. Still, I'm sorry for the long delay, Mark.

It was back on November 22, 2014 that I spotted Rock "Cyfi" Martinez’ mural on the north side of BreakOut Studios, 828 North Stone:

But, unlike Mark Fleming, I didn't check the alley behind the building.

I'm not sure that I got all of the photos? So I'll post them in the order that Mark sent them. The first two seem to be side-by-side, but I'm not sure about the third.

Mark wrote that the murals seem to be “by Alex Devowon and someone named 'oddeven'.”

Update (February 23, 2018): Thanks to ArtLoungeProductions (@artloungetuc on Twitter) for helping me find that BreakOut Studios has moved to East Speedway. Their website is breakoutstudiostucson.com and their Twitter feed is @BreakOutStudios. I'll have to stop by and check for new murals!

No comments: