Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Tribute to Dino of Tino's Pizza

Maybe it's too soon after Thanksgiving to think about food, but… Did you ever visit this pizza place that was a favorite of lots of Tucsonans?
Or maybe you didn't visit it in person. Tino also delivered, as you can see in this photo from their website… I copied it (with their permission) in June 2023:
The restaurant's last day was February 2, 2022. As of November 12, 2023, the website (tinospizza.com) was still online. It had a link to a story on KOLD News 13, Tino’s Pizza prepares to close after nearly 4 decades of business.

I'm glad that I could catch photos of the mural; it's on the west side of the building. I was there on June 6, 2023. I'm a bit swamped, as usual, so these are only lightly edited… but you can still see the love that family members, friends and former employees painted for Dino. (As always, you can click or tap on any photo to get a series of larger versions.)

No comments: