Friday, August 23, 2019

Outside Davis Bilingual Elementary

Davis Bilingual Elementary School has lots of art inside and out. The outside art is concentrated on the south side of the building near the main entrance; most of these have been repainted in the past couple of years. Others are spread around the grounds.

I've been coming here for years. I found two murals on May 12, 2018, near the northeast corner of the building, that I hadn't seen before:


On my last visit, May 15, 2019, I photographed the repainted murals outside. The first six are snapshots of Tucson through the centuries.


Before the late 1600s


Late 1600s - Mid 1700s


Late 1700s to Early 1800s



Early 1900s


Late 1900s

(If you want a lot of flexibility and control over photos with your cell phone camera, try the OpenCamera app. I think it only works on Android. Look through its Settings menu and the “...” menu on the desktop to see all the choices you have.)

No comments: