Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Goodbye, Corbett Elementary

For years, Corbett Elementary School has had a mural on a long east-facing wall. You can see photos in our April 2, 2010 post Cactus and city at Corbett School. The school closed in 2014, but the mural has stayed. Not anymore. Pepper Viner Homes will be building homes there.

David Aber took the photo below on May 17, 2017. (As always, you can click on it for a larger view.)
I first found out about the closing and demolition on the BG Boyd Photo website. BG emailed the aerial photo (thanks!). Here it is:
When I stopped by yesterday, the mural was still there… but I also saw heavy equipment. I got there in time!

I won't repeat the photos that are in the 2010 blog post. But here are a few that I took yesterday. They're a bit rough because I had to either hold my camera in the air or shoot through the fence:

No comments: