Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Slow down on Speedway!

If you're in a car, as you're driving east on Speedway, slow down as you cross Park Avenue. On your right will be this spectacular mural:
Westbound, your view will mostly be blocked by the center island. A bicycle is a great way to see it. (You can also try crossing Speedway on foot from the Park Avenue garage, but don't say that I suggested it! Getting to the median is risky on a busy street, and the median isn't flat.)

Another way to see the mural is below! The photos are from left to right:
The muralist was Karlito Miller Espinosa. You can see a video interview with him, Cuando Estoy Contigo, on YouTube. (Click there.)

I took my life into my own hands :) by crossing to the center island on March 6th. (I hope you appreciate what I do for art. :)

No comments: