Tuesday, April 14, 2015

South Tucson at 29th & 4th

When I met Cristina Cárdenas earlier this year, she told me about two murals of hers that haven't been shown here. I grabbed photos of the first (and the next) on February 11th:

More of Cristina's art on April 17th!

(By the way, Cristina also created the art at the western-most streetcar stop. Here's an Arizona Daily Star article about art at all the streetcar stops.)

Update (April 16, 2015) As I was writing the next entry, I did more searching for a Web or Facebook page of Cristina's. I didn't find one, but I did find a YouTube video that shows some of her art, has her story of emigrating from Mexico, and tells the story of the mural above:



The mural story starts at 10:38 into the video, and you can see just that part by clicking there.

No comments: